6 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
1¼ cups full cream milk
4 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut in half (diagonally)
20g butter, softened
¼ cup sultanas
100mL thickened cream
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
Saturated fat: 11.4g
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla essence in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl whisk eggs. Add to warm milk mixture and whisk. Add Ensure Vanilla Powder and sultanas and stir until combined.
4. Lightly butter each side of bread and place bread in overlapping layers in a small casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until custard is set. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
6. Serve with thickened cream or ice cream.