6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla Powder
650g pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
2 cloves garlic
½ small onion, diced
2½ cups vegetable stock
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
For a richer, sweetly intense flavour, roast the pumpkin in a hot 170ºC oven for 1 hour to caramelise, before blending.
Total fat: 8g
Saturated fat: 1.2g
Sodium: 666 mg
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Place pumpkin and garlic cloves on baking tray and drizzle with oil. Roast pumpkin and garlic for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked all the way through
3. Cook onions until slightly soft with nutmeg, cumin, salt and pepper in medium soup pot.
4. Add pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
5. Lower to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Peel garlic and add to soup.
7. Add Ensure Powder and stir through.
8. Use stick blender to puree.
9. Serve with cream and fresh herbs.